Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Thanksgiving Fallout

It's Wednesda, October 15th and Thanksgiving has come and gone. I did my best, I really did! But my aunt made her famous (and my favourite) golden rum cake. A moist rum cake with absolutely no resemblence to the fruit cake which I despise. Once I saw that, all my willpower crumbled. I know that I had 2 pieces on that night alone.....and last night I ate the very last piece last night......

So. 

I had a feeling that something like this may happen so I weighed myself the Saturday before all the eating began. As of Saturday (October 4) I weighed:

Starting: 170lbs
Previous: 165lbs
Saturday: 161lbs

Total loss = 9lbs

However, I weighed myself this morning and all the food that I indulged in has taken its toll. Instead of 161 I am now at 162lbs and I never wanted to go backwards. The holiday is over! Back to our regularly scheduled programming of eating.  Nothing like a weight gain to scare you back to your baby carrots!

No comments: